In accordance with the decision issued by the government, and until further notice, Stockholmsmässan has shut down all spring 2020 exhibitions and events with more than 50 participants, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Health and safety continues to be our highest priority and this precautionary decision has been taken in order to keep our community safe. We are constantly monitoring the official updates from the authorities.
Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair is set to take place on February 9-13 2021 and we are forging ahead with the planning, on the assumption that the fair will be able to go ahead as scheduled. We very much look forward to creating a fantastic meeting place where people can once again congregate, make new contacts and secure new business. And together with our exhibitors, we will make sure that this forum remains the strong platform for Scandinavian design that the industry so badly needs.
Stockholmsmässan have recently worked through and increased our requirements for hygiene and developed new health and safety routines to meet the challenges that Covid-19 entails. We regularly follow the recommendations of the Swedish Public Health Agency and the government. Our industry organization UFI The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry has developed guidelines regarding safe events that we follow and Stockholmsmässan is now working on implementing these based on the conditions and recommendations that apply in Sweden.
More information from UFI »
We keep our distance
• We ensure that each event has distance and sufficient space depending on the event's character, nature and content. This may, for example, involve stand distances, plenty of space in the aisles and a limited number of seats with proper distances in the lecture and conference halls (depending on the number recommended now).
• Exhibitions and installations will be built at the right distance and will have barrier facilities as well as staff on site to be able to regulate the number of visitors.
Communication, information and education
• Before we open the doors, we will have trained our employees and informed via stockholmsmassan.se or the respective event / fair's website, digital channels and mailings to both visitors and exhibitors about what restrictions apply and the importance of following them.
• We ensure continuous communication and encouragement to keep distance via loudspeakers and will put up decals / signs. All staff will communicate continuously about the importance of keeping the distance and following the regulations to both visitors and exhibitors.
We avoid queues
• We ensure optimal visitor flows. Stockholmsmässan has extensive experience of events at and know each event's unique flows. We will therefore ensure and optimize in the best possible way, for example direct our visitors to only purchase tickets digitally before opening to avoid queues.
• We will open up earlier in the mornings to minimize crowds.
• Clear floor markings will be in place to maintain the right distance, for example at the checkout, in the corridors, restaurants, queues for toilets, etc. We will have more staff on site to help.
Cleaning and hygiene
• Remember to wash your hands! We will ensure that there are more hand washing facilities and hand sanitizer on site.
• Extra cleaning services and staff will be on site to help everyone comply with our new restrictions.
Food and Beverage
• Our partner Mässrestauranger prepares its operations to be able to deliver food / beverage to our events, all in accordance with government guidelines.
Stockholmsmässan Digital Solutions
Whether it is a large or small video conference. Or maybe the production of a broadcast, webinar or podcast. We offer secure solutions for digital meetings.Read more »
Take care of yourself and your loved ones. We hope to see you again in February!